Thursday 16 May 2013

The Host.


So, personally, I really liked the title of the movie. The Host. Its like the humans are inviting other souls (perhaps, aliens) to actually get into their body, voluntarily. Nevertheless, the theme of the movie serves the opposite purpose. Humans resist. Their souls are supposed to die while these new ones, aliens, take over their bodies. But then, out of nowhere, comes this nice alien soul which keeps the actual soul of some girl called Melanie alive 'cause her love for her brother and lover is too strong..blahblahblah. The movie is too slow but I think the direction and all is nice. Even the soundtrack isn't too bad. I guess, I like the actors too. Mel's uncle is nice. And it touches me when two of the human guys, when out to get resources are caught by the Seeker-aliens and they smash their truck into a wall to not get caught. It was sad. Otherwise, the movie depicts how humanity is still alive. [WHAT A MYTH] . anyway, it has some epic scenes too. Perhaps, the one where Mel's uncle shows her the harvest place. Epic use of mirrors. Haha. And her brother's sky-depiction. Pretty cool. A one-time-watch. I'm glad I didn't read the book.

Perhaps there could be no joy on this planet without an equal weight of pain to balance it out on some unknown scale.
Stephenie Meyer, The Host

PS. I thought, The Host was going to be about vampires. The thought of Aliens, didn't cross my mind, even for a second. Wow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment